You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Sinn-Uhrenforum.de . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Robertusz

Intermediate

Present since: Dec 11th 2006

wbb.thread.post.credits.thank: 308

Tuesday, December 3rd 2013, 6:41am

Classic 7750 day-date to drive Sinn 140A

I'd be very happy if Sinn would produce the new 140A (brushed/polished case for me!) with the "normal" ETA-Valjoux 7750 inside! According to my knowledge Sinn is short of the SZ01 and thus could sell more watches of this classic 142 design.

For me it would be good, because:
1. the watch could be way less expensive
2. would have the important weekday feature
3. maybe with a small re-design the case could be thinner (again according to my informations the SZ01 is thicker than the street version) but the very same case with the very same height is fine too, if the "red pencil" wouldn't let the thinner case be produced.

To have this classic design without a central minute counter could be a sacrilegium, but it is not, because:
1. back in the seventies Lemania produced similar cases with the HW Lemania movement with tricompax subdials, e. g. Longines
2. Sinn produced watches with the classic LWO5100-driven 156 design 7750-watches too (both the 256 and the 155 Manufactum)

Regards,
Robert