Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Sinn-Uhrenforum.de . Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

leroytwohawks

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 10. April 2009, 18:20

Sinn 810 Q HYDRO Was it the first HYDRO?

I am now a Sinner 8)

I just got this watch I was told it was owned by a ex Sinn employee. Now according to this site : http://www.sinn-uhren.info/30.html it should have 8000m on the dial and I would assume that indicates 8000 meters yet on the back it says 20 ATM/200M So is this a transition model? It also does not have the Quartz logo on the dial as the ones in the pictures. Any information on the watch would be great I think I got a good deal on it at $650 being how rare they seem to be, let me know if I'm wrong.

Thanks
Kevin

I'm not the one!!! :o:

HappyDay989

unregistriert

Freitag, 10. April 2009, 20:34

AFAIK, the Bell & Ross Hydro Challenger 11000 was the first oil-filled quartz watch to withstand a pressure that had hitherto been considered impossible.

(C) Chrono24.com

It must be said, however, that it was Helmut Sinn himself who trained and assisted the two founders of B&R, so the links between the two companies were close back in those days. Meanwhile, B&R has developed their completely own line. They do, however, still have an oil-filled watch in their line, the Professional Hydromax

(C) Watches.co.uk

It must be said, however, that all oil-filled watches can "only" withstand a pressure of up to 500 bars (equivalent to 5,000 m depth), not because the case might crack but because the quartz movement will be destroyed (to be very precise: the little alloy housing that contains the quartz crystal will be squashed) by the counter-pressure buidling up inside the watch case.

leroytwohawks

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 10. April 2009, 20:50

Thanks for the info but I guess I meant to say the first HYDRO by Sinn :?: And did I do OK with what I payed? And why does it say 20Bar on the back if it's a HYDRO?

Sorry for all the questions :D

Spongehead

Erleuchteter

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 11. April 2009, 09:05

Hello Kevin !!

Welcome to our forum !!! :welcome:

Very nice watch !!!! :kow:

http://www.sinn-uhren.info/30.html

Except of this site I never saw any pics of the 810 Q. So I think it is really rare.

I think it was the first watch with Hydro - technology (just before Bell & Ross made one, but I´m not sure).

But in my opinion it was sold in different versions: with and without oil in it.

Is it possible, that your version is the one without oil ?

Because on the dial the "8000m" is missing.

On the other hand they assembled in this period everything that was available. :cl:
Viele Grüße, Daniel

HappyDay989

unregistriert

Samstag, 11. April 2009, 11:03

That's exactly the point, Daniel: That particular watch doesn't feature an oil filling! :bulge: The link to Markus' SINN Info Page confirms it, too!

You can see that when you carefully look at the pics: there are reflexions on the crystal that shouldn't be visible if the watch was filled with a liquid. Moreover, the black colour of the dial should look much more substantial when seen through an oil filling - just compare the pics in this thread to photos of the UX.

So, the WR marking is correct as the "conventional" 810 Q was only pressure-tested for 20 bars. It's just that "HYDRO" marking that is confusing. According to Markus' SINN Info Page the 810 Q was never supplied with an oil filling. :rolleyes:

Spongehead

Erleuchteter

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 11. April 2009, 11:30

That's exactly the point, Daniel: That particular watch doesn't feature an oil filling! :bulge: The link to Markus' SINN Info Page confirms it, too!

You can see that when you carefully look at the pics: there are reflexions on the crystal that shouldn't be visible if the watch was filled with a liquid. Moreover, the black colour of the dial should look much more substantial when seen through an oil filling - just compare the pics in this thread to photos of the UX.

Yes, I think thats right.

Furthermore in an oil-filled-watch the oil needs the possibility to expand when the watch is exposed to high temperature.

For that a membrane in the caseback is neccessary (in my opinion).

Here you can see the membrane of the EZM2.

Edit:

Welche Hydro-Modelle kennt ihr?

Member MoreGo has posted this extract of the catalogue from 1995:

Viele Grüße, Daniel

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Spongehead« (11. April 2009, 12:19)

leroytwohawks

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 11. April 2009, 19:02

The Sinn 810 Q was supplied with an oil filling as it states on the link I gave. As far as the reflections here is a link to one that was sold a few years ago this on clearly is marked with the 8000m on the dial and you can see shadows under the crystal I don't know if that's what you were referring to or not? http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&th=557768&mid=1604055&rid=83252&rev=&reveal=

That "HYDRO" marking is confusing. That's what bothers me but I was told this was owned by a ex Sinn employee so maybe he used a different dial so it would not show as a quartz?

I think on Markus's page he refers to the HYDRO and from what I understand all the HYDRO'S are oil filled!, that's what makes them a HYDRO. And as far as Daniel's point on the membrane there were several models of oil filled watches that did not have a membrane.

Is there a way to look up this model of HYDRO from the serial number? C-92201 with HYDRO below it.

So, the WR marking is correct as the "conventional" 810 Q was only pressure-tested for 20 bars. It's just that "HYDRO" marking that is confusing. According to Markus' SINN Info Page the 810 Q was never supplied with an oil filling. :rolleyes:

der onkel

Erleuchteter

• »der onkel« wurde gesperrt

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 12. April 2009, 14:53

The Sinn 810 Q was supplied with an oil filling as it states on the link I gave. As far as the reflections here is a link to one that was sold a few years ago this on clearly is marked with the 8000m on the dial and you can see shadows under the crystal I don't know if that's what you were referring to or not? http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&th=557768&mid=1604055&rid=83252&rev=&reveal=

That "HYDRO" marking is confusing. That's what bothers me but I was told this was owned by a ex Sinn employee so maybe he used a different dial so it would not show as a quartz?

I think on Markus's page he refers to the HYDRO and from what I understand all the HYDRO'S are oil filled!, that's what makes them a HYDRO. And as far as Daniel's point on the membrane there were several models of oil filled watches that did not have a membrane.

Hi Kevin,

of course all HYDRO's are oil-filled. But SINN offered two or three versions of the 810. In my opinion it was a oil-filled 810Q beside a non-oil-filled automatic 810. There might be a non-filled Quartz 810Q as well. If your watch is a Quartz (this test should be easy :D ), it could be a HYDRO. But I assume that the pre-owner has renewed the battery without filling in new oil. The oil-filling cannot be done by every watchmaker. That is the big issue of this watch.
:wolf: Gruß Frank
alias DER Weronkel aka DER Gummionkel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4xf50aUxaE